In 1881 the city of New Orleans provided that the market at Burgundy and Jeanne Streets be known as
Guillotte Market. Later street-name changes resulted in the market being located on Alvar between Burgundy and North
During the 1890s the city received a payment of $900 from Morgan's
Louisiana & Texas Railroad & Steamship Company to by the Guilotte, Port, and Delamore markets.