Keller Market (at 1802 Magnolia Street) still housed a small grocery store (at Magnolia and Felicity
streets) until Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
Keller was a quasi-public market -- in 1868 John H. Keller,
Esq. entered into an agreement with the City of New Orleans whereby the property was transferred to him with the agreement
that he construct the market and collect revenue for a period of fifteen years on a plot of ground bounded by Felicity, St.
Ann, Magnolia, and Solis streets. The agreement was later extended to thirty years. John H. Keller was the owner
of Keller Soap Works and later established Keller School on Dryade Street (which would later become McDonough 38).
In 1903 the property and building was valued at $15,000.
A 1932 ordinance authorized the purchase of slightly used equipment
for Mehle and Keller Markets.
Sam Stone, Jr. and Co. renovated the building in 1936.
The building has been demolished.