Zengel Market was located on Piety at Burgundy streets. Sam Stone, Jr. submitted plans for the
building in 1901.
The market was a new comer to the interesection
which had long (since 1869) been the home of John and Garrett Schwegmann's first grocery store. Bud Rip's
bar is across the street.
In 1931 the city was accepting
bids for its rebuilding as a single story brick building which was completed by Sam Stone, Jr. & Co.
As of 2005 the building was in use but has been abandoned.