In 1903 the city provided for the acquisition and dedication of the former Lafon School site for Mehle
Market which was located at Howard, Liberty, Seventh, and Harmony streets.
It was built by Craven and Kane,
who also constructed the Memory and Ewing markets, from building material salvaged from the Pilie Market.
Sam Stone designed the buidling in 1906.
A 1932 ordinance authorized the purchase of slightly used equipment for Mehle Market.