Delamore Market was located on Elysian Fields Avenue at Claiborne. It was dedicated in 1881 in
honor of George W. Delamore.
During the 1890s the city received a payment of $900 from Morgan's
Louisiana & Texas Railroad & Steamship Company to by the Guilotte, Port, and Delamore markets.
1903 Delamore Market was valued at $2,000.
Some time before 1909 Captain M.P. Doullut paid for
the construction of this public market whose plans were drawn by the city engineer in return for management of the operation
of the market and its profits for an undisclosed number of years (acording to the Municipal Journal of Engineering, Volume
26) -- making it a quasi-public market.
In 1915 the market was destroyed by a storm. In 1924
the city provided for the sale of a franchise to the site of Delamore Market for the purpose of erecting a new market -- the
franchise was awarded to John L. Oster via the Delamore Market Association.
In later years, the market
building was used as a firehouse.