The Maestri Market was located at 731 Broad Street at Orleans Avenue. It was named
for Mayor Robert S. Maestri's father, C.N. Maestri, who along with his brother owned C.N. Maestri Furniture Co. Ltd. which
was located on a large plot of ground on Custom House Street (later Iberville Street) and on Rampart Street, who apparently
entered into an agreement with the city to build and operate the market.
A new C. N. Maestri Market (as well as a new Memory Market) were constructed from the ground up during
the 1930s under the Works Progress Administration. It was renovated in 1937 by Sam Stone, Jr. & Co.
The building has been demolished.