The Port Market was located on the levee at the corner of Elysian Fields Avenue.
1858 an extension of Port Market was approved by the city.
In 1865 it was valued at $20,000 and included
iron pillars and slate roof covering its large structure.
1890s the city received a payment of $900 from Morgan's Louisiana & Texas Railroad & Steamship Company to by the Guilotte,
Port, and Delamore markets.