A 1903 city ordinance provided for the acquisition
and dedication of various sites for markets, including the northeast corner of D'Hemecourt & Lopez Streets for Memory
Sam Stone submitted the design plan in 1906. It was built by Craven and Kane, who
also constructed the Mehle and Ewing markets) from building material salvaged from the Pilie Market.
A new Memory Market and C. N. Maestri Market were constructed from the ground up during the 1930s under
the Works Progress Administration.
Same Stone, Jr. &
Co. made renovations to the market in 1936 through 1939.
building has been demolished.