The market was located at Soraparu, Tchoupitoulas and Rousseau
In 1865 it was
a large building with pillars, plaster and a slated roof valued at $30,000.
In 1900 funds
were transferred from the Reserve Fund of 1896 to the Department of Public Buildings for $500.00 dedicated for repairs
to Soraparu Market. Electrical lighting was added in 1903 when it was valued at $12000.