The Popp name is memorialized twice in the park – on the bandstand (page 59) and on the fountain (page 70) which
would not exist if not for the generosity of Mr. and Mrs.John F. Popp who were present at the dedication of bandstand (he
died shortly afterward). Pictured is the John F. Popp & Co. lumber dealership and manufacturers depot on the New Basin
Canal in an 1888 engraving. (LDL)
The images in this book appear courtesy of the New Orleans Public Library (NOPL), Louisiana Digital Library (LDL), the Library
of Congress (LOC), The Historic New Orleans Collection (HNOC), Pictometry International (PI), and D.C. "Infrogmation"
May (DCM). Unless otherwise noted, images are from the author's collection.