The Pizzati Gate erected in 1910 is one of the the oldest structures in the Park. It is located at was the main entrance
at Alexander Street and City Park Avenue. Donated by Steamboat Captain Salvatore Pizzati the gate was rededicated on October
25, 2001 in memory of Edgar A. Luminais, an original member of the Board of Commissioners. Note in this 1924 photograph that
the Belknap Fountain has been removed. (LOC)
The images in this book appear courtesy of the New Orleans Public Library (NOPL), Louisiana Digital Library (LDL), the Library
of Congress (LOC), The Historic New Orleans Collection (HNOC), Pictometry International (PI), and D.C. "Infrogmation"
May (DCM). Unless otherwise noted, images are from the author's collection.