Friends restored the Casino building (below) in 1998 and Popp's Fountain in 1999. In 2000 the Couturie Forest Nature
Trail and Arboretum project was completed, a natural turf system was installed in the stadium and Tiger Woods conducted a
clinic for local young people at Bayou Oaks. The hothouse seen above in 1940 was converted in 2002 into the Conservatory of
the Two Sisters where from under the 40 foot dome's reception area one can enter either the Living Fossil or Tropical Rainforest
wings. In 2003 the five-acre Sidney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden, a gift from the Besthoff Foundation, opened its gates
to sixty 20th Century works by American, European, Israeli and Japanese artists valued in excess of $25,000,000. (NOPL, DCM)
The images in this book appear courtesy of the New Orleans Public Library (NOPL), Louisiana Digital Library (LDL), the Library
of Congress (LOC), The Historic New Orleans Collection (HNOC), Pictometry International (PI), and D.C. "Infrogmation"
May (DCM). Unless otherwise noted, images are from the author's collection.