In 1910 Lebenbaum and Marks submitted a plan designed by builder Julius Koch for the art museum made possible by the
generous donation of $150,000 from Isaac Delgado. Gifts from wealthy New Orleanians included paintings, precious stones, Etruscan
glass, Greek vases, bronzes, and ceramics. The New Orleans Artists' Association contributed several paintings. The museum
opened on December 16, 1911. The permanent collection now contains over 40,000 objects. (LDL)
The images in this book appear courtesy of the New Orleans Public Library (NOPL), Louisiana Digital Library (LDL), the Library
of Congress (LOC), The Historic New Orleans Collection (HNOC), Pictometry International (PI), and D.C. "Infrogmation"
May (DCM). Unless otherwise noted, images are from the author's collection.