Popp's Fountain was designed by Olmsted Brothers in the late 1920s after Rebecca Grant Popp donated $25,000 for a
memorial to her husband John F. Popp. Ionic columns reflect the taste of that era. Partially built by private contractors
it was dedicated in 1934. The WPA added tile walk-ways, landscaping, and the art deco fountainhead designed by Alferez. We
see it here in in 1936 in the new extension north of Harrison Avenue. (NOPL)
The images in this book appear courtesy of the New Orleans Public Library (NOPL), Louisiana Digital Library (LDL), the Library
of Congress (LOC), The Historic New Orleans Collection (HNOC), Pictometry International (PI), and D.C. "Infrogmation"
May (DCM). Unless otherwise noted, images are from the author's collection.