opened on July 11, 1913, is now one of the park's few surviving Spanish Mission-style era structures. Renovated in 1999, and
re-named the Timken Center, its second floor is used for meetings and parties. This photo was taken in 1939 after WPA renovations
– a boarding dock for the Swan boat is at the far right. (NOPL)
The images in this book appear courtesy of the New Orleans Public Library (NOPL), Louisiana Digital Library (LDL), the Library
of Congress (LOC), The Historic New Orleans Collection (HNOC), Pictometry International (PI), and D.C. "Infrogmation"
May (DCM). Unless otherwise noted, images are from the author's collection.