Another view of the now 10 acre Rose Garden, taken in 1937. After WPA work was completed it was the first public classical
garden in New Orleans and contained more Art Deco sculptures than any place in the city. Designed by Richard Koch and Landscape
Architect William Wiedorn it is used by modern brides who pose in this beautiful space before receiving guests at the Pavilion
of the Two Sisters. (NOPL)
The images in this book appear courtesy of the New Orleans Public Library (NOPL), Louisiana Digital Library (LDL), the Library
of Congress (LOC), The Historic New Orleans Collection (HNOC), Pictometry International (PI), and D.C. "Infrogmation"
May (DCM). Unless otherwise noted, images are from the author's collection.