The driving range is under construction in this 1938 view. WPA notes for this photograph are, “It will have an
administrative building which will contain lockers and dressing rooms; refreshment room; six stalls, each of which will be
18 feet wide. The field will be equipped with four batteries of flood lights”. (NOPL)
The images in this book appear courtesy of the New Orleans Public Library (NOPL), Louisiana Digital Library (LDL), the Library
of Congress (LOC), The Historic New Orleans Collection (HNOC), Pictometry International (PI), and D.C. "Infrogmation"
May (DCM). Unless otherwise noted, images are from the author's collection.