In 1949 the Borden Company built a colonial style
office and retail outlet (seen below in 1954) as well as a large processing plant at 1751 (near Ridgwood Drive) at a cost
of $600,000. From there Borden packaged milk, cream, cottage cheese, yogurt, and ice cream and distributed the products throughout
the greater N.O. area with its fleet of mobile vehicles during an era when milkmen made their daily runs.
(Courtesy of Jefferson Parish Yearly Review.)