Another major public work
project, the Maestri Bridge (also known as the “Five Mile Bridge”, the Pointe Aux Herbes Bridge, and the Watson-Williams
Bridge) was undertaken on the eastern shore at this time. It was considered to be "World's Longest Continuous Concrete
Highway Bridge". The back of this postcard reads, “Bridge completed in 1928 - 5 miles long. This Bridge is part
of the "Old Spanish Trail," from Palm Beach, Florida, to Los Angeles, Cal. Route U.S. No. 90”. The claim as
“world’s longest” would later be made by The Causeway when it opened in 1956 and again with the addition
of the second, slightly longer span in 1969.